I'm Stephen Underhay, a photographer and writer based out of Red Deer, Alberta. I've lived here for two years and when I'm not in the city at my full-time job as a firefighter I'm usually out in the mountains.
I specialize in adventure photography. This includes lifestyle, landscape and astrophotography. An avid mountaineer, climber and trekker, I've developed my style through a passion for exploration and adventure.
Utilizing my skills in harsh conditions and adverse weather has helped me build a versatility and confidence to branch out into product, event and portraiture work while still maintaining my adventure base.
- CBC Canada 150 Interview
- Red Deer Advocate Spirit Bear Interview
- Huffington Post Alberta Featured Photographer of the Month
- Huffington Post Canadagram Featurette
- Red Deer Hospital Fundraiser Dessert Gala
- Echtra Outfitters Instagram Takeover
- CBC Down With Jax Fundraiser
- Canadian Men's Health Foundation "Don't Change Much" Takeover
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada
Sponsors and Affiliations
An organization for outdoor discovery. I'm happy to be an adventurer for this group where I contribute trip logs and journal pieces.
A socially conscious group of explorers who aim to inspire people and use that influence to support sustainable education projects. I regularly contribute to their blog in my own aim to help inspire.